Chiropractic care is a natural approach that fits perfectly in the heart of the growing concerns of Canadian health and quality of life.The word comes from the Greek kheir Chiropractic, meaning “hands” and praktikos, meaning “do” or “practice”.
Chiropractic is a health discipline that focuses on the inherent ability of the human body to stay healthy and to heal without drugs or surgery (homeostasis). It focuses on the relationship between structure (primarily the spine) and function as coordinated by the nervous system
The chiropractic care approach is both preventive and curative, that is to say, it aims not only to bring you relief, but also prevent you from developing symptoms or pain associated with a malfunction of your spine or other joints. To achieve this, the chiropractor will use primarily chiropractic adjustments, a specialized form of joint manipulation. The chiropractor is a partner in the recovery and maintenance of your health. He is trained to give you the best advice to optimize your health and prevent the onset of many health issues.
Chiropractic care can help. Chiropractic is a specialized health science that focuses on back/neck pain as well as muscle and joint conditions. We provide tailored treatment to get you back on your feet and to help contribute to your overall health.
In Québec, the chiropractic profession is regulated by the Office des professions du Québec (OPQ). The main mission Ordre des chiropraticiens du Québec (College of Chiropractors of Quebec) is to ensure protection of the public. All Doctor of chiropractic must be an active member and meet all practice standards of the OCQ to be able to practice in Québec.
The chiropractic profession in Quebec includes over 1,300 doctors of chiropractic. They work in collaboration with various stakeholders in the health sector (including physicians) in the best interest of the population.
Source: Ordre des Chiropraticiens du Quebec.
Doctor of chiropractic education
In Canada we have two chiropractic institutions. The Chiropractic education provided in Quebec is given at the Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (UQTR). This Doctor of Chiropractic program is a five years, full time, for a total of 11 sessions and 245 university credits.
The program includes 2,382 hours of theoretical and 2,587 hours of practical training, including 18 months of internship at the University Chiropractic Clinic, located within the UQTR.
Some of the courses that are part of the curriculum:
• Orthopaedics, etc.
The other chiropractic teaching institution in Canada is the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College. It was founded in 1943. http://www.cmccstore.ca/
DID YOU KNOW THAT?
- Chiropractic is the third health profession in the world after medicine and dentistry. It is recognized by the WHO (World Health Organization)
- Chiropractors are primary health care providers. You do not need a medical reference to consult a chiropractor.
- In Quebec, the Chiropractic Profession is regulated since 1973 by the Ordre des chiropraticiens du Quebec under the laws and regulations of the office des Professions du Quebec.
- Chiropractors can make chiropractic diagnosis, as well as recommending and analyses the radiological studies (X-rays).
- Chiropractic care is available from the newborns to elders. There are numerous health conditions you may consult a chiropractor along spinal check up
La Clinique Chiropratique des Allumettières, your chiropractic care reference
in the Plateau of Gatineau, Aylmer and Hull