At the Chiropractic Clinic des Allumettières, we offer many methods of treatment, to help you achieve your health goals as quickly as possible. Our chiropractic care is personalized and adapted to each of our patients. With us you are in good hands. Your chiropractor Aylmer and in the Plateau of Gatineau. Here are our different type of chiropractic treatment.
1. Chiropractic Care: The ‘’Adjustment’’
Chiropractic adjustment is the preferred method of chiropractic treatment. This is a specialized form of spinal manipulation, characterized by applying a shallow quick movement at a joint (joint between two bones) also called diversified technique. Chiropractic treatment is natural, linked to few side effects and is usually not painful.
Chiropractic adjustment can also be applied with a highly calibrated tool like the Impulse or an Activator. Also there is specific tool in the high end adjustment table commonly called a “drop” that can be used the chiropractic adjustment (Thompson chiropractic technique). These are used to adapt the care to baby, children, seniors, etc.
The chiropractic treatment can be done at any of the following areas: neck (cervical region), dorsal or thoracic (mid-back), ribs, lower back (lumbar region), sacroiliac joint, hip, knee, ankle, shoulder, elbow, wrist and jaw (temporo mandibular joint).
When spinal manipulation is contra indicated, your chiropractor will offer alternative approach which may include joint mobilization which is a light and slow and repeated pressure. Of course if your condition is not amenable to joints manipulation or mobilization you will be referred to appropriate health care providers
Some effects related to chiropractic adjustment:
• Reduction of pain and muscle spasms
• Increased mobility and lubrication of the joints
• Breaking of adhesions in the articular and periarticular areas
• Effects and reflex stimulation of the nervous system
• Improved quality of life, well-being and overall health.
2. Chiropractic sports techniques
In addition to chiropractic adjustments, we offer care tailored to soft tissues (muscles, ligaments, tendons) like Active Release Technique (A.R.T) and Graston Technique, here in Gatineau. To do this, we can use our hands or specialized tools in order to reduce pain and stiffness due to the presence of adhesions. These fibrous tissues adhesions, commonly called “knots”, are formed following injury or over-use, such as during repetitive movements.
We also offer the Sports taping (Kinesiotaping or K-taping or Rocktape), which was previously reserved for top athletes, such as the Olympics. This taping limits the pain without keeping you from moving. In addition, it can be used to support the musculature or improve your posture, for a purpose of getting back in the game faster.
These chiropractic treatment techniques:
- Encourage faster and return an optimal set recovery
- Breaking adhesions to decrease pain and stiffness
- Increase range of motion and flexibility
- Acting as a complement to chiropractic adjustment.
3. Specific therapeutic exercises
Each of our patients will be given customized exercises to help accelerate progress toward a full recovery. Specific exercise shall be recommended to prevent relapses like stretching, strengthening and stabilization. Also, various recommendations such as proper work ergonomics will be suggested.
We will also give you various tips to optimize your posture in everyday life. Indeed, our societies is becoming more sedentary and use more and more various technological tools such as computers, iPad, smart phones. It often follows prolonged poor posture over time, favors the appearance of various neuro-musculoskeletal problems.
Those recommandations will :
- Help correct the problem as much as it can
- Be involved in your care while promoting faster recovery
- To optimize your results.
- To avoid a recurrence of the problem
- Complete our chiropractic treatment by giving you a chance to help you at home